Thursday 30 July 2015

Review: Me Before You

Me Before You Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I understand how this book can turn out to be an emotional-romance (something terms I came up with). It reminds me so much of TFIOS but with a more strong issue.

First and foremost, I have to declare that I'm not a big fan of medically-depressed books (another terms I came up with) and this topic is the main idea of the book. I don't want to sound offending but clearly, I'm not emotionally prepared for topics like these. I get how topics like these could spark up the romance effect of the fiction but it just doesn't appeal to me.

However, I'm very satisfied with the character development by Lou. She grew stronger and stronger throughout the book and eventually be able to live out of her circle of comfort. In a way, I'm immensely proud of her.

I couldn't say more as my current emotional state has been filled by the main issue of the book. But all I want to say is some readers might be able to accept books like these and people who do would regard this as a beautifully written literature. I can't.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment