Sunday 16 August 2015

Review: Beautiful Disaster

Beautiful Disaster Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I wanted so badly to rate this 5-stars but I couldn't deal with Abby's bitchy-ness. But I would've to agree that this is too addictive. I could pull up an all-nighter just to finish it, if I do not have work during the weekdays.

[spoilers]
Travis is a crazily possessive boyfriend. Omg. Boy, you need to chill. And Abby is extremely annoyingly bitchy and slutty. I got annoyed with her keep going on and off with Parker when she knew that she didn't like him. She's also doing the same to the other random guys. However, I do enjoy her badassery moments during the poker game.

Not only that, I love the other characters in the book too: Shep and America, Finch and the Maddox family. Can't wait to read about the Maddox brothers in the other series by Jamie McGuire.

I think Beautiful Disaster is one of the pioneer New Adult books out there and I enjoy reading about this kind of classic bitchy-college-romance of New Adult. Their age almost match mine and the narrators (the main characters) are often not having childish dialogue and thoughts. I appreciate that.

If you're looking for a light read (but this isn't really one) or wanting to try out New Adult (mature contents alert), definitely pick this up. Consider this as a New Adult Classics.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment