Saturday 14 June 2014

Being Me (2nd of Inside Out trilogy) by Lisa Renee Jones


THIS REVIEW WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS OF THE FIRST BOOK AND YEAH.

This second book actually did answer all my questions and now I can't figure out what will be written in the final book. Oh, by the way, I just found out that there will be a 4th book, yet, they said it's a trilogy. This series is opted for Starz cable TV so maybe the author decided to write more for the drama. Apart from that, I know there's another spin-off series regarding to Rebecca's diary and her submissive life. Just check out on the author's website. Apparently, there're many side-stories to this series, such as Chris POV, Mark's etc. 

Back to the review. 

I did have an important message to convey regarding this book. "If you want to know what happen to Rebecca, read this book." It's that simple. I wouldn't say I will recommend (or not) this book but if you've read the first book and need to know what happen to Rebecca, read this book. Period. The only message I want to convey to the readers. Unless you're a big fan of Chris and Sara, you will just love this book the same as the first. 

This book can actually be shorten to less than 200 pages if 2/3 of Chris/Sara's arguments were cut short. I'm complaining it's too unnecessary and it drags the story for no particular reason. It's not bringing out any issue regarding to the main story of Rebecca gone missing. Maybe I've missed out the point that Rebecca is not the main focus here but HEY Y'ALL, that's the only thing which intrigued me to read this series. So, it's definitely important to me. 

Most of time I don't really understand what the hell was C/S arguing about. They just go forth and back about pushing each other away and coming back together because "I love you; you love me". Sara kept complaining that Chris keeps thing to himself and not opened up for her. Okay. I get her but she didn't need to say it over and over again. OMG, it's agonizing. More than half of the book they were arguing-then-make-out then beat about the bush. I don't know if these are things which suppose to be happening in a real relationship (much of doubts and contradictions). I just don't think it's that crucial to repeat them over and over again throughout the book.

However, one of the things I do like about this book is that more Mark is shown. Like Mark is finally gotten his side-character script and acting out. He is suddenly EVERYWHERE. I don't really know why but I was quite fond of Mark, maybe he's just mysterious and I need to know more about him and his other side (the not-dominant side). But one of the part where he and his friend Ryan were trying to make (rape?) Sara forgets about Chris really disappoints me, regards to Mark's character. 

Anyway, coming to the most exciting last part of the book. (How long I took to drag through the book to reach here? God, you'll never know.) The author dragged 2/3 of the book and rushed through the last part. But the last part - I didn't see it coming. WOAH. Ava. WOAH. I'm not good at predicting books' endings so WOAH. Definitely a score to that. 

The last part gained back a star for the book, so 3 stars will do.

To get on to this steaming-sexy yet thrilling series: 

No comments:

Post a Comment