Wednesday 21 May 2014

If I Were You by Lisa Renee Jones


First book of the Inside Out Trilogy. An adult erotic thriller so if you’re not around the age and mentality, just be aware. 
I picked up this book all thanks to the paint-brush pen free gift. & thanks topolandbananas20 / xtinemay1920 for her hilarious booktube videos. 
First off, for people who made comparisons of this book with 50 Shades of Gray, you got the wrong idea. I agree that both books are about BDSM but the plots were greatly distinct in every scene. (maybe not the rich and sexy part. LOL)
Skipping through all sexual scenes, IIWY started off being captivating, intriguing and mysterious. That keeps me from reading it to till the end. 
Okay, how do I start?
I like the detective moments where Sara (the main character) vows to solve this Rebecca’s mystery. First 100 pages (around there) of the book, Sara was still very keen on seeking out for Rebecca but the detective instinct sort of stopped though out the middle of the book. Then later, only comes back at the near end of the book. & I didn’t like it. I wanted to know about Rebecca, her mysterious life, her encounter with that dominant ‘master’ and where the hell is she
Agree or not, through out the book, I believe all readers are constantly questioning - Mark or Chris, is the man with Rebecca? If you’re not, what are you reading then?
At first, I really thought it would be Mark. He’s arrogance and fetish with “punishments”. But as the story unfolds, I kinda shift the burden to Chris. So, I can’t be sure. OHOHOH, I did came up with this theory of Chris and Mark are actually working together to victimise on Sara. That would be picked up on the part where they constantly have cockfights with each other. & Ava is another mysterious character. & Elle and her fiancé. So much of mystery going on I had to get the rest of the trilogy. 
Note on the plot twist where Sara was actually a daughter of a rich established businessman. That was a real surprise. (Not to mention, surprises in books are good.
[EDIT A LITTLE] I totally forgotten to mention about the artsy-futsy settings. Yes, it levels up the whole mood of the book! I really like it when the characters were discussing about arts and wines, it’s like I’m learning some extra knowledge. 
To be honest, kinky BDSM erotica is not my cup of tea but the thriller aspect is. If someone who kindly message me on the spoiler of this trilogy I would be so glad. Seriously. I don’t like this cliffhanger feels. Even if I had to buy the rest of the 2 books, it will take weeks for them to arrive. 
The reason for 4-stars on Goodreads. There are some parts where I really couldn’t accept it. I was swearing through those moments. Yeah so. 
Find Rebecca,
Summer
To Get into the Inside Out Trilogy:

No comments:

Post a Comment