Wednesday 21 May 2014

Cress by Marissa Meyer

original post

The 3rd book of the Lunar Chronicles series. 
SYNOPSIS LINK - (rather not read it since it’s the 3rd book of the series)
Goner. THIS WAS SO DAMN GOOD.
*The following contains spoilers of the series, if you have not started the series, you are advised to START READING IT NOW.*
When I was reading Cinder, I thought I would just ‘ship Cinder&Kai; then when I was reading Scarlet, I loved Scarlet&Wolf; when I was reading Cress, man, Cress&Thorne were so adorable. When I was ending Cress, I fell back to ‘ship of Cinder&Kai. wtfthisthisseriesdoingtomeman?
First off, the plot is very well thought off. It wasn’t just fairy tale retelling, where you could guess what would happen next. But, as the story flows, I was like ‘right, this happen in the original story’, instead of, ‘right, I knew this would happen’. Big Difference. 
Secondly, Cress&Thorne. Carswell Thorne was hilarious. His self-esteem, his jokes, his care for Cress and his blindness (what?) - Thorne, you’re my man. Cress is adorable. Little Crescent Moon, I love her. Her innocent crush towards Thorne and heart-breaks when she thought Thorne would not come and save her. Oh gosh, I couldn’t help but love her more. 
"Believe me, Cress. The pleasure was all mine."
CAN’T YOU NOT LOVE THEM?
I like that these books aren’t written just from one main character POV. They were written from various POVs and from that, we would know what’s happening at different venues. 
Thirdly, I can’t wait for Winter. It would be mind-blowing! A little sneak-peek of Winter while she talked to Scarlet. She’s a mad girl and she could foresee the future, I presume. I’m already in love with her. Plus, Jacin. He’s still a mystery but I’m anticipating. He would either be the prince for Winter or one of the 7 dwarfs. Oh, the 7 dwarfs, can’t wait to read about them!
Definitely a 5-stars on Goodreads.
Another review coming up,
Summer
To Get Into the Lunar Chronicles series:
Cinder / Scarlet / Cress

No comments:

Post a Comment