Wednesday 21 May 2014

The Infernal Devices trilogy by Cassandra Clare



original post

I had to write this post as I couldn’t sleep. 
This post will not be a normal book review. It would just be a full post of me going on and on about how I love and hate this trilogy. Plus, I’m pretty sure there are tons of review about this trilogy already. I shall not go with the flow. 
I love this series God knows how much.
First book: Clockwork Angel SYNOPSIS LINK -
First off, why, William Herondale? Will, Will, Will, Will. I love him. I love him. He’s everything I adore about the classic (should be) Victorian era man. My love for Sherlock Holmes, my love for the Victorian era, my love for steampunk & paranormal & crime-mystery… the list goes on. Yes, Will. He’s too much for me to handle. He’s too much for me not to adore him. 
"The first time I showed you the library, you told me your favourite book was The Wide, Wide World. I thought you might want to know that I… read it." His head was down, his blue eyes looking up at her through those thick dark lashes; she wondered how many times he’d gotten whatever he wanted just by doing that. 
& that would be the part where I fell in love with Will, catastrophically
I would try hard not to detest the ending, of killing Will and letting Jem live with Tessa, forever. (Not forever because Jem is now a mundane.) I shall not think ill of Jem and think of this as the redemption for Jem’s kind heart. *cough* hardly *cough*
Oh, those book-covers are certainly most gorgeous I’ve ever seen. It’s hard to find the hardback of it and I’ve ordered them and waited for almost 2 weeks for the last book. Well, if you have not notice the inner dust jacket of Clockwork Princess, the family tree of the Castairs, Herondale and Lightwood family till the current TMI year. 
Yes, the writing. Cassandra Clare is a pure genius. It was so beautifully written, I just gone awe after I read the Clockwork Angel. Everything, even those chinese phrases (well, I do understand the pinyin) were of high-class. 
Actually, I was reluctant to continue the series after C.Angel but I heard spoilers all over the bookworld. Plus, my friend convinced me to & I’m glad I did. Overall, it was a perfectly written series. Plots, climaxes, writings, characters, foreign languages and book covers; everything killed me. 
Flaw, there was, but purely judgemental it seems. I didn’t enjoy Tessa’s fidgeting over 2 boys. Well, I believe in one-to-one relationship in books but that’s only my preference. How on earth can you fall in love with 2 persons at the same time? Maybe because they both were parabatai, that’s why Tessa could. 
Thanks cassandraclare, I’m now having the worst case scenario of post-series-hangover. Thank you for this amazing, beautiful written work. I’ve gone so attached to this series that I never thought I would have. It’s too magnificent, it’s like a star shines so bright at night and you couldn’t ignore it but stare in awe. 
Those who still have yet to give this series a go. Read it. Please please please. You’ll not be disappointed. 
Definitely 6-stars on goodreads,
Summer 
to get into the series:
or have a marathon:

No comments:

Post a Comment