Wednesday 21 May 2014

The Murder on the Links by Agatha Christie


The 2nd book of the Poirot series by Agatha Christie. 
"An urgent cry for help brings Poirot to France. But he arrives too late to save his client, whose brutally stabbed body now lies face downwards in a shallow grave on a golf course. But why is the dead man wearing an overcoat that is too big for him? And who was the impassioned love-letter in the pocket for? Before Poirot can answer these questions, the case is turned upside down by the discovery of a second, identically murdered corpse…" SYNOPSIS
My 4th Poirot book. If you do not know, I’m a huge fan for crime-mystery-detective books. Hercule Poirot is another fiction detective created by the Queen of Crime - Agatha Christie. (& I would not go on and on about how amazing she is)
& YES! Of course I adore the petit Belgian detective, Hercule Poirot. I like his witty sarcasm, his often random acts which drives Hastings mad, his short cries in French and also his grey cells
'My friend, in working upon a case, one does not take into account only the things that are “mentioned”. There is no reason to mention many things which may be important. Equally, there is often an excellent reason for not mentioning them. You can take your choice of the two motives.'
Indeed, this book was a fast read. Many series of events unfold in one case. I, personally, found it very intriguing and exciting. The wow-factor, blessing for Hastings. 
Of course, usually when I read reviews regarding long-standing detective novels (Sherlock Holmes, Poirot, Sidney Seldon’s & more), they would criticised them aspredictable (& some other funny thoughts). To be honest, I really dislike those comments. Think, for the authors to have written such amazing plots during those years were pretty incredible. Because nobody can predict the vast technology improvement or whatsoever. These novels were written in those times when cars were barely doorless. So, in my opinions, these works, these literatures are spectacular. 
*pardon me being carried off*
& yes, a definite 5-stars on Goodreads. Looking forward to the 4th book - The Murder of Roger Ackroyd, as I heard it was one of the best among the Poirot series. 
I’ve read The Mysterious Affair at Styles(1st), Poirot Investigates(3rd) & Death on the Nile(7th). Toodles. Oh, my first book for peruse project​’s #shitihavetoomanybooks read-a-thon. (I end up joining -.-)
Summer
To Dive into this book: The Murder on the Links

No comments:

Post a Comment